Arts & Entertainment
“Energy for Body, Mind, and Soul”
A vital program of recreation that stimulates residents cognitively, culturally, creatively, psychologically, spiritually, physically and promotes individual and group pleasure and social interaction.
Our Philosophy is Customer Focused!
• Need to be flexible to meet the needs of our Residents
• Must be engaging
• Over the top every time
• Make their day – every day!
• Customer service is the service we give that we are not obligated to give – it is what people appreciate the most
• The better our customer service, the more success we will enjoy
• To give real customer service, you must add service that cannot be bought with money
• Support teammates – continuously!
Our A&E Concepts
All activities connect with all senses, are pleasurable stimulating, and fun! We have no limits to making their day!
Arts and Entertainment offer daily activities, such as:
- Exercise class
- Current events
- Walking club
- Education seminars linked to arts and crafts projects
- Mind-stimulating activities, and
- Cocktail hour twice a week with live entertainment
Weekly Arts and Entertainment offerings:
- Shopping at local vendors
- Cooking class that includes a chef demonstration
- Regular church services
- Bible study
- Dining out at local restaurants
- Movies in our multi-purpose room
Special monthly extra activities, including:
- Ice cream runs
- Mystery trips – they never know where they are going!
- Themed events that start with an educational seminar, music, dance, arts and crafts and end with a very special dinner
- Concert in the Park series, held here at Ivy Gables, featuring classical and Big Band music and from the 30s, 40s and 50s, and the standards…
- Country rides – through the four seasons
- Shows at the Candlelight Theater
Example: An education theme - Italy
- Learn to speak a few Italian words
- Learn about their lifestyle
- Make native Italian crafts
- Make Italian desserts in cooking class
- Take a virtual walking tour through Tuscany
- Decorate and dress in Italian style
- Enjoy an Italian dining experience
And a lot more...
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! There are trips shopping, dining out, movies, theater, etc.
- There are sign-up sheets for all outings! You could help to encourage your family member to sign up in advance and then call them, encourage them and remind them of the activities!
- We continuously encourage them to participate in in-house and outside activities by offering activities tailored to our residents’ specific interests and needs!